Friday, January 2

Two new purses.

I'm really getting into purse making lately; I like that it's sewing but not sewing clothing, which tends to not fit right when I make it. Anywho, I decided to do my own thing and draw a random pattern for one purse, and it turned out fairly well.

Align Center
This purse was also my first attempt at pleating, which was an interesting one - I think the pleats turned out well but the stitching didn't line up as well as it should.








This project also taught me that you should never, ever use a stretchy fabric to line a purse. Although it is quite soft inside.



I used the fabric backwards for the sides and outsides of the straps.

Then I made a much larger purse for my friend Caitlin:

I really love the fabrics she's got for it; they go really well together for a really soft feel.

And then I successfully put a pocket in the middle:

Also, I just got a whole bunch of new fabric, so I'll be making a bunch of purses soon to be sold in my online shop (which may be changing addresses soon).

 
design by suckmylolly.com