Tuesday, December 30

Meet Ralph.

This is Ralph.
Ralph is a sewing machine I recieved from my mother for Christmas.* He is wonderful, and much less old than the sewing machines I've used in the past (and thus less easy to break, thank Jesus).
Unfortunately for Ralph, I've hardly sewn at all since my junior high sewing class, where I spent more time getting detentions from the teacher than I did actually sewing. So we're taking baby steps here.
The first thing I did was made a little baggie for a Christmas gift for my aunt:
This actually only required two lines of stitching; the tie part is actually just the bottom of an old t-shirt.
After that, I decided to have a go at the Robot Goody/Tooth Pillow from Cut Out + Keep. Despite the wonderful step-by-step instructions, I was only marginally successful:
The handstitching is awful and the robot is entirely asymmetric, but he's cute, and I'm pretty sure that was the goal of the project.


*I dig anthropomorphism, or the practice of naming inanimate objects. I name everything; I'm not even entirely sure why. But it's great.

 
design by suckmylolly.com